Information for Getting Indian Visa
ACODS 2020 participants should apply for a conference visa to attend the conference in Chennai, India. Families of conference participants should apply for a tourist visa. To get accurate information about how to apply for the above visas please check the websites of the Indian Consulates in your respective countries as the application process may vary across countries.
You may also be apply to for an e-Conference Visa depending on your nationality and situation. To know more, please follow this link on obtaining e-Visas for travelling to India.
Some general points to note
- For a conference visa, you will need an invitation letter from IIT Madras. Please request for an invitation letter by filling the form here. Invitation letters will only be issued to authors of accepted papers and registered participants.
- If you are a Foreign National of the “Prior Reference Category”, the visa process for you may be different and you may need further clearance documents. Please write to us at email@example.com with your personal details including DoB, father’s name, nationality and permanent address.
- Conference approval/clearance letter from Ministry of Home Affairs of India is no longer required to be produced to apply for a conference visa. Nonetheless it has been noticed that many Indian consulates may continue to ask for these. You can use copies of the following letter, in case you run into this problem –
- Finally, please note and confirm the following from your local consulates before deciding when you should apply for a conference visa
- Conference visa is generally issued for the duration of the conference and upto a maximum of 3 months.
- The conference visa is generally valid from the date of issue of the visa, not from the date of entry into India.
If you still have any questions please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.