About IGNITE NDE Program
The IGNITE NDE program was started by the Research in NDT committee of Indian Society for Non Destructive Testing (ISNT) with a vision to foster NDT & E research in engineering colleges and technical institutions in India. The urge to inspire the Genext to come up with comprehensive solutions developed with frugal innovation and practical focus was a major factor which drove the inception of this program. IGNITE brings together faculties from various engineering institutions to solve practical problems in nondestructive evaluation (NDE) while working under the guidance of field experts from various NDE research labs in India and abroad, thus forming a network of collaborators under ISNT.
About the Symposium
As a first step to achieve the objective of the IGNITE programme, an international symposium is being organized, wherein the academic institutions involved in NDE can present their work and meet people from established research labs, and discuss further. This symposium is a platform for young researchers to network with professionals in academia and industry, and gain invaluable expert feedback on their ongoing research projects.
ISNT-IGNITE NDE 2018 symposium is organized by Research Scholars at the Center for Nondestructive Evaluation (CNDE), Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras along with the Research in NDT Committee of the Indian Society for Nondestructive Testing (ISNT), to bring together passionate academicians in the field of NDE.
- To propagate the culture of quality and to promote NDE education, research and training in academia.
- To co-ordinate with universities and academic institutions for initiating projects on the development of various NDE techniques.
- NDT methods like ultrasound, X-ray, thermal imaging, radiography, eddy current, laser-based etc.
- Component inspection
- Material characterisation
- Signal and image processing for NDE
- NDT system design
- Production integrated NDT&E
- NDT&E for maintenance, repair and overhaul
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)
- Simulation and Modeling in NDE
- Infrared Thermography
- Acoustic Emission
- Computed Tomography
*Presentations addressing the topics mentioned above or pertaining to any other relevant branch of NDT are welcome.
A visit to the Center for Nondestructive Evaluation at IIT Madras is planned as a part of the symposium proceedings. The participants will get to witness research being carried out at the facility and also interact with the scholars at the laboratory.