Envisaged Deliv erables
- Development of advanced nanomaterials-based solutions for synthetic or naturally occurring chemicals or emerging microorganisms.
- Nano-structured materials – solutions for As, F, bacteria and organics
- Composite adsorbents for emerging contaminants
- A solution to ensure availably of clean drinking during natural calamities
- A sustainable atmospheric water generator
- Sustainable wastewater treatment for households
- Affordable and sustainable point of use purification devices for arsenic and fluoride free drinking water.
- High efficiency electrode materials for capacitive deionization and development of working prototypes for brackish water desalination.
- Designing clean water solutions for natural calamities.
- Solar power driven atmospheric humidity capture devices for production of clean drinking water.
- Understanding the environmental and biological effects of water-borne contaminants.
- Developing affordable sensors on water bottles.
- A point of use multi-analyte sensor for Cr(III), As(III & V) Hg(II) in industrial wastewaters.
- Development of a point of use sensor for the detection of arsenic.
- Examination water quality of the lakes of Nainital, identification of pollutants in them and field implementation of nanomaterial-based water purification units.
- Process know-how for recovery of nutrients and water from wastewater
- Anaerobic digestion and resource recovery system for tannery wastewater
- Cost-effective processfor color removal from textile effluent
- New methodology for water distribution network mapping, calibration, leak detection and operation
- Continuous flow pulse power technology (PPT)-based systems for drinking water and wastewater treatment
- Sensors and kits for water quality monitoring
- Development of processes for scale-up of production of new materials
- Creation of mechanisms for business incubation in this sector
Data Base Development and Documentation
- Guidelines and models for using storm water for groundwater recharge
- Appropriate Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) components for Indian conditions
Services (including software)
- SuDS numerical tool box
- A well tested management model for retrofitting sewer networks when implementing grey water recycling schemes
- A decision support system (DSS) for pipe material selection and for design, monitoring, operation and rehabilitation of large water distribution networks
- Transferring home grown technologies though incubated companies.
- Conducting continuing education and refresher programmes on clean water periodically, to link with the academic and industrial community in this sector.
- Collaborate with international groups on emerging frontiers of water technology in the areas envisioned in the project.